Constitutional Law of The Republic of Armenia on Human Rights Defender
- CHAPTER 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- CHAPTER 2. GUARANTEES FOR THE ACTIVITIES OF THE DEFENDER
- CHAPTER 3. PROCEDURE FOR ELECTION OF THE DEFENDER AND TERMINATION OF THE POWERS THEREOF
- CHAPTER 4. PROCEDURE FOR CONSIDERATION OF ISSUES WITHIN THE POWERS OF THE DEFENDER
- CHAPTER 5. ACTIVITIES OF THE DEFENDER IN SEPARATE AREAS
- CHAPTER 6. ANNUAL COMMUNICATION AND REPORTS OF THE DEFENDER, PARTICIPATION OF THE DEFENDER IN THE ACTIVITIES OF STATE AND LOCAL SELF-GOVERNMENT BODIES AND THE COUNCIL UNDER THE DEFENDER
- CHAPTER 7. PECULIARITIES OF STATE SERVICE WITHIN THE STAFF OF THE DEFENDER
- CHAPTER 8. FINAL AND TRANSITIONAL PROVISIONS
CHAPTER 6. ANNUAL COMMUNICATION AND REPORTS OF THE DEFENDER, PARTICIPATION OF THE DEFENDER IN THE ACTIVITIES OF STATE AND LOCAL SELF-GOVERNMENT BODIES AND THE COUNCIL UNDER THE DEFENDER
Article 31. Annual communication and reports of the Defender
1. During the first quarter of each year, the Defender shall present to the National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia the annual communication on the activities thereof during the previous year, as well as on the state of protection of human rights and freedoms. The procedure and the deadlines for presenting the annual communication by the Defender to the National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia shall be prescribed by the Constitutional Law "Rules of Procedure of the National Assembly".
2. The structure of the annual communication of the Defender, the scope of issues included therein, as well as the format of recommendations submitted to state and local self-government bodies, organisations shall be determined by the Defender. The latter shall submit the communication also to the competent state bodies and non-government organisations and also publish it through mass media.
3. In relation to specific issues forming public resonance or gross violations of human rights, the Defender may also prepare ad hoc public reports or communications, which may include not only cases and facts on the violation of rights but also recommendations on the improvement of normative legal acts relating to the human rights and freedoms.
4. The Defender shall ensure the publicity of the communications and the reports.
5. As the National Preventive Mechanism, the Defender shall, during the first quarter of each year, present a separate report on the activities undertaken during the previous year.
Article 32. Participation of the Defender in the activities of state and local self- government bodies
1. The Defender shall have the right to be present at the sittings of the Government of the Republic of Armenia, and deliver a speech in accordance with the procedures prescribed by the Government of the Republic of Armenia, as well as sittings of the state and local self-government bodies and deliver a speech in accordance with the procedures stipulated for sittings thereof, where issues regarding the human rights and freedoms are being considered.
2. The Defender in his status may not deliver a statement during court sessions. The Defender or the representative thereof may be present at public court sessions for observation purposes.
3. The Defender shall have the right to be present also at the sittings of the National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia, deliver a speech as prescribed by the Constitutional Law of the Republic of Armenia "Rules of Procedure of the National Assembly", where issues regarding human rights and freedoms are being considered.
Article 33. Council under the Defender
1. The Defender may establish councils adjunct thereto, composed of representatives of non-governmental organisations and independent specialists having the necessary experience and knowledge in the field of human rights.
2. The members of the Council shall be invited by the Defender.
3. The procedure for formation and rules of procedure of the Council shall be defined by the Defender.