The Human Rights Defender’s Office has prepared a Draft Law on Making Amendments and Supplements to the RA Law on Advertising.
As a result of examining the RA Laws on Advertising, on Lotteries, on Games of Chance, Games of Chance through Internet and Casinos, on Television and Radio, as well as the practice of their implementation, it was revealed that there is a lack of comprehensive legal regulation on advertising games of chances through internet and lotteries (tote). Meanwhile, this legal gap may cause human, including children rights violations.
The draft proposes the following amendments in the RA Law on Advertising:
- TV advertisment of lottery and games of chance through internet, as well as their organizers is allowed to broadcast from 24:00 untill 06:00.
- During advertisement of lottery and games of chance through internet it is forbidden;
1. To refer to juveniles in any way,
2. To use images of people in a video or other form,
3. To create an impression that participation in the game ensures regular income or (profit) is an alternative to working,
4. To create an impression that income (profits) is guaranteed,
5. To instil into the viewrs that it is possible to achieve public, professional, sports or personal success through the game,
6. To criticize non-participation in lottery or games of chance through internet.
- Advertisement of lottery and games of chance through internet should include warning information on inadmissibility of playing it in unsober or depressed condition.